The guided tour of the buildings takes about 1 1/2 hours. Visitors may then walk the marked trails to see other foundations, stage coach trail and spring water well. Visitors may climb the small hill to view the town as a whole and see the mines to the south. Wear comfortable shoes.
2017 Tour Dates
Tours begin 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, Mountain Time*
only on the dates listed below.
May 13 & 14
June 10 & 11
July 8 & 9
August 12 & 13
September 9 & 10
October 7 & 8
November 11 & 12
December 9 & 10
* Shakespeare will close, for a brief period, after the morning tour and reopen prior to the 2 pm tour.
- Please read Important Tour
Information, below, prior to
- Regular Monthly Tour Admission $4.00 Adult - $3.00 Ages 6 Through 12.
- Reservations or pre-purchased tickets are not required for admission to Shakespeare. Just arrive at the gate and you'll be able to join a tour on the tour dates and times listed above.
Call, 575.542.9034 prior to arriving, to confirm a tour date in the event there is severe weather issues, and unavoidable tour cancellations.
Important Tour Information!
- We do not provide private tours.
- All public
tours are strictly scheduled and are
only conducted on the specific
dates listed above. We are not open on
any other day and no other tour dates
- Unescorted, unscheduled, drop-in or walk-thru tours are not available. There are safety and liability concerns when you do not have an escort. There is an abundance of rattle snakes, animals and mine borings that can cause you injury or death.
entrance to the town is not permitted.
Trespassing is a criminal offense and
will be enforced.
- We have docents that will provide our regular Monthly Tours on the dates listed above.
- However, to lessen the
disappointment of being unable to see
an original ghost town, there is a
near-by Ghost Town at Exit 3 on I-10
near the Arizona Border, Steins Ghost
Town. Steins Ghost Town is open by advance
appointment only, and may
have a date suitable for your visit.
Steins can also be seen as you leave
the Interstate at the Steins Exit.
Call Melissa at 602-821-8495,
or visit Steins
Ghost Town web site for
Visit us on Facebook for up to date information.